With such a crazy, hectic life that we lead, where does one have time to even think about snacking in between? Sparing sometime for our main meals only becomes such a challenge.
But do you know eating 3-4 small snacks in between your meals helps you give you energy and increase your metabolism helping you to reduce weight and burn fat.
WAIT!! here is the catch. When we say snacking in between we mean healthy snacks which are high in fiber and protein. Not junk like samosas, vadas, chaat, pizzas etc. It is not that difficult if you make up your mind to eat healthy snacks and carry them with you so that you really do not have to look out for unhealthy tempting options which may affect your health adversely.
Letâ€™s look at some of the healthy options which are easy to carry as well
- Fruit and nuts: Fruits are sacred foods on earth with natural vitamins and minerals giving you energy on the go. They are easy to carry and eat even when you are travelling or setting out for a blink of a wink break. Nuts on the other hand have good fats and are filling which are can be easily kept in your pocket to be munched on even during an important meeting. Apples, pear, oranges, walnuts, almonds are great convenient options.
- calories: less than 120 kcal
- Sprouts: Again easy to prepare and carry. All you need to do is just steam them, add cucumber, tomatoes, onions, lime and chaat masala and there you go with some healthy protein, fiber and vitamin C rich snack. You can use a variety of sprouts like moong, moth, rajmah, chana or even a mixture of all these.
- Boiled eggs: High in protein and vitamin A, they are excellent, filling snacks which help your muscles and cell to repair themselves. If you are weight conscious, you can opt for egg whites instead of the yellow. The only thing you need to do it is, peel it when you want to eat them so that they remain fresh.
Calories: less than 100kcal
- Muesli: These are fairly new snack options available in a variety in the market. You can buy the sweet or savory version of it as per your choice. A handful of muesli with some green tea during your tea break, will give you the energy rush you need to focus on your remaining dayâ€™s work. You can also opt for muesli with nuts to add on to the nutrition value.
- Nutrichoice oats/ragi biscuits: These are healthy, tasty and easy to carry. 1-2 biscuits during a tiny break, will give you the fiber and energy your body needs. Ragi is also an excellent source of calcium.
calories: less than 80kcal
Make sure you stock your bag with these foods to keep your health in your hands always. Eat healthy, stay fit!!